Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

We need better documentation on the set up of VLAN's on the MR60 Nighthawk Mesh Router

jomonugget
Aspirant

We need better documentation on the set up of VLAN's on the MR60 Nighthawk Mesh Router

I know how to configure VLAN's on Cisco Switches and their documentation is very helpful but, why is there literally about 2 pages worth of useless instructions on the set up of VLAN's for the MR60 Nighthawk Mesh Router? Is there something I'm missing because I've looked all over but can't seem to find more on the subject. I want to implement the use of VLAN's on my home network but I need better explanations such as how are devices added to the VLANs? Does the ID number play a factor? Does the router support Multi-Tenant Unit VLAN? Any guidance is welcomed. 

Current Set up Fiber to home--->ONT---> MR60--->MS60  

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: We need better documentation on the set up of VLAN's on the MR60 Nighthawk Mesh Router

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MK62_UM_EN.pdf

"Set up a bridge for a port group or VLAN tag
group
Some devices, such as an IPTV, cannot function behind the router’s network address
translation (NAT) service or firewall. Based on what your Internet service provider (ISP)
requires, for the device to connect to the ISP’s network directly, you can enable the
bridge between the device and the router’s Internet port or add new VLAN tag groups
to the bridge.
Note: If your ISP provides instructions for how to set up a bridge for IPTV and Internet
service, follow those instruction."

I presume is is a WAN side VLAN feature only. I don't think VLAN configurations are supported on the LAN side. You'd need a managed switch with VLAN support to do what your asking. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: We need better documentation on the set up of VLAN's on the MR60 Nighthawk Mesh Router

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MK62_UM_EN.pdf

"Set up a bridge for a port group or VLAN tag
group
Some devices, such as an IPTV, cannot function behind the router’s network address
translation (NAT) service or firewall. Based on what your Internet service provider (ISP)
requires, for the device to connect to the ISP’s network directly, you can enable the
bridge between the device and the router’s Internet port or add new VLAN tag groups
to the bridge.
Note: If your ISP provides instructions for how to set up a bridge for IPTV and Internet
service, follow those instruction."

I presume is is a WAN side VLAN feature only. I don't think VLAN configurations are supported on the LAN side. You'd need a managed switch with VLAN support to do what your asking. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7