Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection interrupted and a network change was detected message received on R7000

annrpetersen
Aspirant

Connection interrupted and a network change was detected message received on R7000

Upgraded to windows 10 and am now experiencing random interuptions to the connection and receive a message "a network change was detected".  sometimes it reloads the page automatically and sometimes i have to do it manually and lose information entered. I updated everything per the genie app.   the router is one month past its warranty -- should i replace it ?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Connection interrupted and a network change was detected message received on R7000

Do you have another computer to isolate the problem?

If you do, try to use that computer and see if it will show the same thing.

If it does, time to get a new router. Check with support if you're still under warranty for replacement.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Connection interrupted and a network change was detected message received on R7000

@annpetersen You may need to update the driver of the wireless adapter installed on the computer.

By the way, is it just happening on that particular computer? How about other devices such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets?

Message 2 of 4
annrpetersen
Aspirant

All drivers are up to date.  Only one computer connected by ethernet cable to the router. I disabled the wifi on the computer today and installed a new ethernet cable.  Now the message has change to "no internet connection" and I get that little red x over the computer's connection.  It goes on and off, connecting and disconnecting every few seconds.  I've plugged the cable into different spots, wiggled and pushed, both ends seem conected.  (Genie App is telling me a new computer connects to my network every few seconds.)

(So what I think was happening before I disabled the wifi was that the ethernet cable would disconnect and role over to the wifi causing a "network change" message...).  HELP.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have another computer to isolate the problem?

If you do, try to use that computer and see if it will show the same thing.

If it does, time to get a new router. Check with support if you're still under warranty for replacement.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7