Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting Unidentified Network with Nighthawk R7300 DST using the DST Adaptor with Ethernet

antiguy1994
Aspirant

Getting Unidentified Network with Nighthawk R7300 DST using the DST Adaptor with Ethernet

I am using the Nighthawk R7300 Router with the DST Adaptor using an Ethernet Cable and I am constantly getting Unidentified   Network when It idenfies when I turn it on. I been using it for about a month and It randomly will have this happen sometimes it sorts it self out but lately it will continue to do it. I tried everything to restarting the modem, router and computer. I have uninstalled/updated the drivers, changed cables, set static ip address/gatway/dns and nothing has helped. Correct me if I am wrong but when I go into the router gui the router information says the gateway is 172.16.0.1 but in internet port it says the gateway is a 192.168.1.1. Is this supposed to be like this or is there a conflict? When the wifi successfully gets a ip address it gives it a 172 address. Let me know what you think is the issue/how to fix it and if there is anything else I need to give. 

Router: Nighthawk R7300 DST with Adaptor

Firmware Version: V1.0.0.68_1.0.24
Windows Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Ethernet Driver: Intel Ethernet Connection i217M
Driver Version: 12.13.17.4
Computer: Dell Precision M6800

Model: R7300DST|Nighthawk DST—AC1900 DST Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
antiguy1994
Aspirant

Re: Getting Unidentified Network with Nighthawk R7300 DST using the DST Adaptor with Ethernet

Update

I think I found the solution at the very least it was able to correctly get a ip address and work like it was before. I was restarting the router with the gui before and this time I when I tried restarting the modem I manually hit the off on switch on the router and tried using the adapter again and it worked. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antiguy1994
Aspirant

Re: Getting Unidentified Network with Nighthawk R7300 DST using the DST Adaptor with Ethernet

Update

When I try to ping both the 172.16.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 with the adapter I get host unreachable. When I double check the wifi ip config it gives it a 172.16.0.3 with 255.255.255.0 shouldn't if give it a 192 address and if it gave it a 172 shouldn't the subnet be a 255.255.0.0 subnet to work? 

Message 2 of 3
antiguy1994
Aspirant

Update

I think I found the solution at the very least it was able to correctly get a ip address and work like it was before. I was restarting the router with the gui before and this time I when I tried restarting the modem I manually hit the off on switch on the router and tried using the adapter again and it worked. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7