Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Having trouble updating firmware on the router

hlb512
Aspirant

Having trouble updating firmware on the router

Hello. I have the nighthawk R6230 and keep getting emails that there is a firmware update I need. I have been unable to update it. I got the app and followed the instructions but once I get to the part where I check for updates it says "Wait about 2 minutes while your router checks for new firmware" but it never finds it, it will sit like this for hours, please help!

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Having trouble updating firmware on the router

You should never update firmware with an app or over WiFi, unless you want a bricked router. Use a wired connection and the router's Web UI at http://192.168.1.1

Message 2 of 5

This is the most reliable, and preferred, way to update firmware.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Or read the manual for other options.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have software and firmware for your device.

Check the section in the manual on updating the firmware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

Message 3 of 5
hlb512
Aspirant

Thank you. So is this the same way as  described by the other person who answered? Your link did not work, it took me to a blank page asking me to sign in to something,  but the other persons' took me to the netgear page about manually updating. thanks!

Message 4 of 5

@hlb512 wrote:

Your link did not work, it took me to a blank page asking me to sign in to something, 

I can see at least three "links" in this discussion.  So we have no idea which didn't work. It could provide important clues.

And "something" could be anything. If you need more help, detailed answers are better than vague "did not work" responses.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7