Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with dmz and portforwarding

Kekokake
Follower

Help with dmz and portforwarding

I have a problem with my routers. The first router I have did I get from my ISP and its trash in all sorts of ways and then I bought the r7800 in a attempt to get my wifi to work better. Because I have iptv I had to keep the first router and then bridge it to the new netgear router. But my first router didn’t have the bridge setting so I had to activate dmz on my first router to the netgear router. After that everything works with the WiFi, but my computer is connected via the first router with an Ethernet cable, and my question is does it work to port forward on my old router to my computer or do all traffic go though the netgear router because of the dmz?
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Re: Help with dmz and portforwarding

DMZ makes everything open. It bypasses firewalls & co so all ports are open. You should port forward on the NG router. Connect your computer(s) to the NG and let the ISP modem/router act as a DMZ pass-through

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Re: Help with dmz and portforwarding

DMZ makes everything open. It bypasses firewalls & co so all ports are open. You should port forward on the NG router. Connect your computer(s) to the NG and let the ISP modem/router act as a DMZ pass-through

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7