Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I remove my old WiFi network from my router?

powersz
Tutor

How do I remove my old WiFi network from my router?

We recently switched our internet providers from Comcast to Frontier, and my old WiFi network is still showing up and active, despite having canceled our internet and TV with Comcast. I can't log in to routerlogin.net on my new network either, but if I go on my old network, I am able to log into the router without any problems. How can I remove my old WiFi network so the only active WiFi in our house is our new WiFi?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
powersz
Tutor

Re: How do I remove my old WiFi network from my router?

UPDATE: I discovered that the new modem that we were given is also a router. Therefore, we do not need the Nighthawk router plugged in at all. After I  unplugged it, our old WiFi network does not show up anymore. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Instead of just moving the Internet connection (Ethernet cable) from the old to the new ISP router it appears you have set-up a new (different) router. Coe s the question what is the plan - keep the R7000 or replace it by the new ISP modem/router?
Message 2 of 5
powersz
Tutor

They did replace our old modem when we switched providers. Our new modem is an Arris NVG589. I am hoping that we do not have to replace our current router with a new one as I like the Nighthawk and do not want to replace it. Is there a way to wipe the router so it forgets the old WiFi network completely?

Message 3 of 5
powersz
Tutor

UPDATE: I discovered that the new modem that we were given is also a router. Therefore, we do not need the Nighthawk router plugged in at all. After I  unplugged it, our old WiFi network does not show up anymore. 

Message 4 of 5

@powersz wrote:

Is there a way to wipe the router so it forgets the old WiFi network completely?

It is called "factory reset".

But if the new modem is also a router, you may need to set the ISP's modem to modem only (bridged) mode or the Netgear router as an access point.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7