Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to change the SSID of an Access Point?

IowaRoger
Aspirant

How to change the SSID of an Access Point?

I have two Netgear Nighthawk routers. The first router is connected to a DSL modem.  The second router (R6700v2) is connected to the first as an Access Point.  Previously, I successfully accessed the second router and designated the second router as an Access Point and everything works (I'm using it right now).  Now I want to change the broadcast SSID of the second router, but I can no longer access the second router.  If I connect my PC to the Access Point with a wired connection and then enter any of the following IP addresses, I get the logon panel from the DSL modem, NOT from the Nighthawk router.  This occurs when I enter: 

How can I access the Nighthawk router when it is functioning as an Access Point in order to change the SSID? Thanks for any help. 

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: How to change the SSID of an Access Point?

Log into the first router and look at the list of attached devices.  The IP address of your second router will be listed.  Use that IP address to log into the second router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Log into the first router and look at the list of attached devices.  The IP address of your second router will be listed.  Use that IP address to log into the second router.

Message 2 of 3
IowaRoger
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I am now able to change the SSID.  I was able to access the Access Point router after a power down/up and using www.routerlogin.com.  I don't know why it didn't work  previously.  In any event, this problem is now solved.  Thanks !! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7