Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My Apple TV 4G won't connect over Wifi to my new Nighthawk R7000P

ChriSusan
Aspirant

My Apple TV 4G won't connect over Wifi to my new Nighthawk R7000P

My Apple TV 4G won't connect to Wifi on my new Nighthawk R7000P X6S if Smart Connect is turned on.  The Apple TV 4G connects fine if I turn Smart Connect off (it will connect to either 2.4 or 5 GHz).  But I do want to have Smart Connect on so the router can better manage network traffic.  That's why I bought it.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ChriSusan
Aspirant

Re: My Apple TV 4G won't connect over Wifi to my new Nighthawk R7000P

Haven't gotten a reply with a good fix yet, so I just turned off Smart Connect.  Everything works much better now.  Better range and faster.  Guess I'll just leave off the Smart feature until there's another firmware upgrade.  Maybe it will get fixed then?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
myersw
Master

There are so many firmware issues unresolved by Netgear that if I had something that worked I would stick with it even though it might not be what I wanted. I personally like to control things so would not be using smart connect. Just more stuff to break. 

Message 2 of 3
ChriSusan
Aspirant

Haven't gotten a reply with a good fix yet, so I just turned off Smart Connect.  Everything works much better now.  Better range and faster.  Guess I'll just leave off the Smart feature until there's another firmware upgrade.  Maybe it will get fixed then?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7