Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear R6400v2 slow LAN speeds

h00jraq
Aspirant

NetGear R6400v2 slow LAN speeds

Hi,
I'm using this router for few months now and what I can see is that with few devices connected to it, Internet speed is quite low compared to max speed. My Connection is 1 Gbit and I can get almost full speed connecting directly to my ISP router but if I connect more than 1 LAN cableto LAN Ports, I can't get more than 250-280 Mbits. 

It is not that something is using that sandwich, because I've tested that on my 2 laptops and basically one had just 1 web page open and second was using speed test and well, I can't hit even 500 Mbits.

I've just updated to the newest firmware but it Did not help.

Is this because 2 core CPU and overall specc which can't handle those high speed from LAN-> WAN? Internal LAN speed are also quite ok. It is just the problem when I'm going outside.

I do not have any QoS active etc.My firmware is V1.0.4.106_10.0.80.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: NetGear R6400v2 slow LAN speeds

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Did you try factory resetting and doing a clean install? Try that and during the install make sure to leave access control, parental controls, qos, and traffic monitoring all disabled. 

Message 2 of 4
h00jraq
Aspirant

I've did tried factory reset. Everything is turned off and the problem is that it looks by default that hardware offloading is disabled by default and as I know for most devices, max speed seems to be lower than 300Mbits on 1Gbit ports.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try installing version 1.0.3.66 of the firmware to that router. The newer versions got netgear armor and the R6400 was borderline on having enough power to run armor. As evidenced by V2 getting armor and V1 not. 

when you downgrade, make sure to do it over a hardwired connection, factory reset afterwards, and then do a clean install (not from backup)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7