Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk 6700 v1 not providing 1Gb internally

NightHawk 6700 v1 not providing 1Gb internally

I'm not getting the 1Gbps speeds that the docs say I should be getting.

I've connected directlly to my Cable Modem (Armstrong Arris) andspeed test shows the 500 Mbps speed I'm paying for, BUT as soon as I connect the same cable between the cable modem and the R6700 router the speed drops to 200 Mbps.

Surely there is some setting that enables the proper speed. Would a factory reset help?

I've read through lots of documentation and found nothing that helps,s o I'm here asking all you experts for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: NightHawk 6700 v1 not providing 1Gb internally

@kevinbcrocker wrote:

I've connected directlly to my Cable Modem (Armstrong Arris) andspeed test shows the 500 Mbps speed I'm paying for, BUT as soon as I connect the same cable between the cable modem and the R6700 router the speed drops to 200 Mbps.

Surely there is some setting that enables the proper speed. Would a factory reset help?

I've read through lots of documentation and found nothing that helps,s o I'm here asking all you experts for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Which arris modem is it? 

What firmware is on the R6700? 

A factory reset is never a bad idea. Reason why is some settings (qos, traffic monitoring, access control) require traffic monitoring and aren't recommended at speeds >250mbps. And I've read of the settings being retained even though disabled and the device rebooted. 

So try factory resetting and then during setup, make sure to leave qos, traffic monitoring, access control disabled. you can also try enabling ipv6. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies

BTW, I should add that I do all my tests wired - And I'm using a brand new Cat 6 cable.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

@kevinbcrocker wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Which arris modem is it? 

What firmware is on the R6700? 

A factory reset is never a bad idea. Reason why is some settings (qos, traffic monitoring, access control) require traffic monitoring and aren't recommended at speeds >250mbps. And I've read of the settings being retained even though disabled and the device rebooted. 

So try factory resetting and then during setup, make sure to leave qos, traffic monitoring, access control disabled. you can also try enabling ipv6. 

Message 3 of 6

Arris modem:

CM3200A

R6700 firmware: 

Firmware Version
V1.0.2.8_10.0.53

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

did you try the reset?

Message 5 of 6

resetting to factory sped and not turning on what you suggested seems to have solved the issue.

I am now getting 550 Mbps on speed tests to multiple servers.

THANKS!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7