Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Anywhere Access won't turn on

jdoc_18
Tutor

Nighthawk Anywhere Access won't turn on

Never had a problem with remote access to my R8000P via browser or the night hawk app until Netgear brought in access anywhere. As instructed I go into the nighthawk app when connected locally, go to the device, settings, access anywhere... I slide the toggle to green and get a spinning circle then a message saying "Anywhere Access enabled" but then the toggle switch immediately goes back to the off position. If i check access afterwards the app sat says no devices registered.
I've tried looking for firmware updates, rebooting, turning off "remote access" in the web interface in case this was conflicting. Nothing fixes it. And Netgear won't discuss it because my chat warranty expired despite the fact it's broken due to a new (and unnecessary) feature they introduced.
Any help gratefully received. Thanks
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
jdoc_18
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk Anywhere Access won't turn on

***Update***
I use a Oneplus 7T pro running Android 10. Symptoms as per original post.

I installed the Nighhawk app on my partners Samsung Galaxy S10, went through the rigmorole of logging in then tried it... and it worked.

So Netgear - Suggest you app team improve their integration testing strategy... Literally millions of one plus's out there.

Disappointed in the support from netgear, will be converting to another company in future who offer more than a few days support.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you ever get this working?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
jdoc_18
Tutor

No it's still the same, I try it every few days but it just flicks immediately back to disabled. Can you help?
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jdoc_18, 

May you provide us with the following information for us to better assist. 

Router Firmware Version:

Phone Software Version: (iOS or Android) 

Nighthawk App version: 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
jdoc_18
Tutor

***Update***
I use a Oneplus 7T pro running Android 10. Symptoms as per original post.

I installed the Nighhawk app on my partners Samsung Galaxy S10, went through the rigmorole of logging in then tried it... and it worked.

So Netgear - Suggest you app team improve their integration testing strategy... Literally millions of one plus's out there.

Disappointed in the support from netgear, will be converting to another company in future who offer more than a few days support.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7