Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 I am unable to get the password no matter what I try.

lexigreer
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 I am unable to get the password no matter what I try.

My Landlord left the router here for me to use. I have a VOIP phone and need to get into it to get a static IP address and Provision my phone to work properly. The factory login admin/password does not work, she does not remember anything no help there.  No Manual or anything with it. When I try to recover the password by putting in the serial # nothing happens I have tried upper and lower case made sure 5 times its 13 characters, tried on my phone and 2 different laptops. HELPPPP please I need to work!!! 🙂 Thank you! 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
lexigreer
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 I am unable to get the password no matter what I try.

I actually ended up calling Netgear and talking to them. You have to hold down the reset button for 1 full min in order for it to actually reset you can leave everything plugged in. As soon as I did that I was able to get in and set everything up as needed. Contacted my internet provider to get the static IP address and Volia! My phone works perfectly and I can now access the router set up.  

Thanks again!! 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies

@lexigreer wrote:

No Manual or anything with it.

There is a manual for the R7000 somewhere at the end of this link::

>>>> R7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

A factory reset will get you back to the default password, but it will also wipe out the settings.

Message 2 of 13
lexigreer
Aspirant

I tried to reset it and the admin/password still does not work lol I'm ready to pull my hair out. Thank you!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 13

Do not confuse wifi access, and passwords, with connecting to the router.

References to your phone suggest that you are using wifi.

First connect to the wifi and then the router's browser interface.

Default wifi SSID and passwords will be on the bottom/back of the router.

Message 4 of 13
lexigreer
Aspirant

Thank you!! When I say phone I mean my VOIP phone that is directly connected to my router. I have downloaded the Netgear Genie and rest the router again and the factory login admin/password still does not work. The factory set wifi password works, no problem there. 

I just need to get into the router settings the configure it and then contact my internet company for a static IP address in order to get my VIOP phone to work, I can recieve incomming calls fine but when I dial out it will ring and as soon as anyone picks up it drops the call. Could this be something else? 

Message 5 of 13
lexigreer
Aspirant

Now when trying to access the genie it just spins and spins forever then tells me the router response timed out...............should I just throw it out the window?

Message 6 of 13

I still don't know if you are using wifi to access the router or if you have a wired (LAN) connection.

If wifi, then what are you using to access the R7000 and how do you do it?

For example, if you are using a web browser, what address are you using in the browser?

Message 7 of 13
lexigreer
Aspirant

Sorry, 

I have two laptops one is connecting wireless and I have tried the Netgear genie that I installed on the computer as well as the routerlogin.net with the admin/password and nothing works. 

The other laptop I have it hard wired and tried the same thing on it and nothing works. 

Seems like its not actually resetting. As I was able to get into the password rest with the serial # on the routerlogin.net only one time and it was asking me security questions. This is after I thought i reset it 3 times by pressing the pin hole on the back all the lights went off and back on I assumed it had been factory reset. Should i be unplugging everything or what am I doing wrong? Thank you for all your help! 

Message 8 of 13

Before you wipe its memory, do you have all the informatiuon that you need to get back on line? You ISP's passwords and settings.

If so, then you can try this:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

One thing we haven't talked about is the link between the modem and router. Remember to start things in the right order:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

Message 9 of 13
lexigreer
Aspirant

Finally got it figured out. All is working well now. Thanks for your assistance 🙂

Message 10 of 13

Glad it worked out. Care to share the secret so that other people can benefit from your work in future?

Message 11 of 13
lexigreer
Aspirant

I actually ended up calling Netgear and talking to them. You have to hold down the reset button for 1 full min in order for it to actually reset you can leave everything plugged in. As soon as I did that I was able to get in and set everything up as needed. Contacted my internet provider to get the static IP address and Volia! My phone works perfectly and I can now access the router set up.  

Thanks again!! 

Message 12 of 13

@lexigreer wrote:

You have to hold down the reset button for 1 full min in order for it to actually reset you can leave everything plugged in.

Interesting. A minute is longer than they usually suggest.

Turned on, I understand.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7