Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R9000 X10 AD7200 DHCP Internet Interface

toddvohs
Aspirant

Nighthawk R9000 X10 AD7200 DHCP Internet Interface

I have had this R9000 since it was released and it is surprisingly fast.  We recently moved and I updated our internet service, same provider just went from 100 to 400 mbps service.  Still works great.  Except for one minor item.  We use a streaming TV service.  The wife and kid are pretty much clueless to fix technical issues but if we lose power (which just happened) or any other service interruption, the internet interface will not re-acquire an IP address from Spectrum (Charter).  I have to login to the router, go to the Advanced tab, Internet Port and Connection Status to do a Renew on the interface.  It will do it no matter what, unplug the cable modem, lose power, unplug the R9000, etc.  I didn't know if this is standard or a software bug or how the ISP is handing out IP addresses, but our previous house wasn't an issue though it was a similar but different cable modem.  

Am I missing a setting in the router or is this common?

If I am not home, I get a phone call and have to try to walk through how to renew.  TIA

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R9000 X10 AD7200 DHCP Internet Interface

I'd buy a cheap backup power supply and put both the modem and the router on it. 

Might be the easiest fix for you. 

If it worked fine before and the only change was spectrum's device, that could be the issue. 🙂

What actual modem is it from spectrum. 

Message 2 of 3
toddvohs
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R9000 X10 AD7200 DHCP Internet Interface

I know it's been a while since I posted but taught the wife how to release/renew the interface.  I'll call Spectrum because it really hasn't been an issue but once or twice.  Until last night and our power has been out since 5:00PM yesterday.  My wife and I are both at our respective jobs and the daughter is at softball practice.  Even if the power comes back on, I will not be able to tell since the interface doesn't obtain an IP and my Nest products won't come back or the refrigerator's wi-fi.  All our food is now spoiled and it was 78 degrees in the house when we left this mornnig.  Maybe a whole home Generac now!  (I did call the neighbor and had them look to see if any lights are on since I left the drapes open and the kitchen light on)

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7