Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk keeps factory-resetting after every power outage

iruma77
Follower

Nighthawk keeps factory-resetting after every power outage

So this started a few months back when we had a power outage at home for first time for a long while. Nighthawk got reset to factory settings itself when power's back and I had to set it up again. I researched online and found out it's a safety mechanism for the router when it was possibly upgrading FW when the power went out. I thought it's a good measure. But recently we get power outages more often, and even if the router is on latest FW, every time it gets factory-reset after power is back. It's annoying as this is the main gw for every device at home. I trust this while I'm away to be able to check cameras, check cat litter status etc but it failed me last time when I was on holidays for 11 days. Power went out the day after we left and I had absolutely no idea what's going on at home during 10 days. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I stop this happening? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk keeps factory-resetting after every power outage

What product and model # do you have? Router? Modem? MESH? 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk keeps factory-resetting after every power outage

@iruma77 wrote:

But recently we get power outages more often, and even if the router is on latest FW, every time it gets factory-reset after power is back.

It won't fix the immediate problem, but you can make life a bit easier by saving the configuration and then reload it when the device resets itself.

Have you thought of getting an uninterruptible power supply (UPS)? Might also reduce the possibility of damage caused by power constantly going on and off.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7