× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk

Mikey_h
Follower

Nighthawk

I have a 1gb Internet speeds but when I’m on Lan I doesn’t give that speed only 470 but when I test it via Wifi I get 970
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk

A couple things. 

1. are you sure you don't have that backwards? The xr500 has a 1733mbps 5ghz but thats with a 4x4 antenna. the vast majority of devices are either 1x1 or 2x2 antenna's so are going to have a max link speed of 866mbps. And thats link speed. actual throughput tends to be 55-65% of link speed. So its doubtful you're getting 970mpbs out of your wireless. 

2. you posted in the nighthawk forum and not the pro-gamer forum were you'd have better luck with assistant. The guys on there are super helpful. 

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk

Good answer above from @plemans.

Could you also please confirm how you're testing these speeds? Are you using the built-in Connection Benchmark, or are you using a third-party speed test such as speedtest.net?

Do you have QoS enabled and configured? If you disabled QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, do your speeds return to normal?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7