Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Internet Connection on AC2600 Model R7450

rsjacks77
Follower

No Internet Connection on AC2600 Model R7450

There was a major storm here today and the power went in and out several times. The last time, my internet woulnd't come back up. Checked with the provider and they said all is well on their end.

Tried hooking the modem direclty in the PC and I get internet. When hooked into the router, there's no wired or wireless connection so I thought perhaps something happened to the router even though it's hooked into a surge protector.

Bought a new router, the AC2600 R7450 (the old one is the AC1900 R7000) and it's also doing the same thing. No wired or wireless connnection when plugged into the modem.

What could be causing this? The modem is an Arris Surfboard SB6183. Could there be something going on with the modem?

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: No Internet Connection on AC2600 Model R7450

@rsjacks77 wrote:

There was a major storm here today and the power went in and out several times. The last time, my internet woulnd't come back up. Checked with the provider and they said all is well on their end.

As this is a router, there is probably a modem sitting in front of it. You need to get the devices to forget any inherited settings. Among other things, that means rebooting the network.

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready. That means that they get confused about which is in charge.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7