Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orange / Red light on my netgear nighthawk router

bvrijswijk
Tutor

Orange / Red light on my netgear nighthawk router

Hi I got en new Nighthawk and when connecting the ethernet cables i get on one port a red light on the other port the lights are white.(when transfering data)

even changing the cable into an other port the red ligh follows the cable, is this a warning that the connection is wrong, false, broken ?

Can not find the meaning of the lights in the manual

hope someone can help

br

Bep

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
bvrijswijk
Tutor

Re: Orange / Red light on my netgear nighthawk router

althogh the tester did not indicate any problems, a new connector fitted and it works great now.

Problem solved

thank you all

all the best

Be

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
netwrks
Master

One of two things. Either you are using an CAT5 Ethernet cable, or the device only supports 10/100Mbps. Manual - What the LED colors mean. Pages 11 and 12.

Message 2 of 5
William10a
Master

@netwrks wrote:

One of two things. Either you are using an CAT5 Ethernet cable, or the device only supports 10/100Mbps. Manual - What the LED colors mean. Pages 11 and 12.

The red(Amber) light is for 10/100mb connections and the white is for 1gb connections. Netwrks is right the device connected can make the light red(amber) or white and a small possible that the lan cable has a broken pair of wires as it takes all four pairs for a 1gb connection and only two for a 10/100mb connection.

A RJ-45 Lan cable tester can test the cable for you if you access both ends at one point.

Message 3 of 5
bvrijswijk
Tutor

Thank you so much for your reply, I am using cat 6 cable but home made connections so yes it can be that the cable has wrong connections.

I will go for a tester and see if this is the problem

all the best

bep

Message 4 of 5
bvrijswijk
Tutor

althogh the tester did not indicate any problems, a new connector fitted and it works great now.

Problem solved

thank you all

all the best

Be

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7