Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6900 router unable to run MACY'S website on laptop

NetAG
Aspirant

R6900 router unable to run MACY'S website on laptop

I recently bought this router R6900 and was doing some shopping online at macys.com, the website opens but if I try to add something to the cart or sign-in into my macys.com account, it just gives me error message "Hmmm....Something went wrong". I have tried it several times in the past few weeks now and its the same thing. This happens only when working on the LAPTOP (tried both Mac &Windows, wired & wirelss connection, multiple browsers chrome, firefox, safari...). I can use the macys's website on my iphone without any issues - able to sign-in to my account and add stuff to cart etc....

The website works on the LAPTOP only if I UNPLUG the router and connect directly to the modem using a wired connection.

Any suggestions why this is happening and feedback how to fix this.....

Seems like there is some security setting 

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
NetAG
Aspirant

Re: R6900 router unable to run MACY'S website on laptop

Just looked around more and found the similar discussion and the solution of "MAC cloning" seems to have resolved the problem, atleast for now. Still could not understand why it happened and how this solution helps and could there be other websites out there that will still not work.........will leave it for now!!

Here is the solution or check the following thread

"in router setup...internet setup...select use PC MAC or enter WAN MAC of old router and select use this MAC reboot and try again"

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Router-randomly-blocking-websites/td-p/49985...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi NetAG,

If you connect the laptop wired to the router, will you get the same error? Try to reset the router and check again.

Message 2 of 4
NetAG
Aspirant

Yes, laptop hard wired to the router also gives the same message. I tried hard reboot for both the router and modem, still getting the same error message

Message 3 of 4
NetAG
Aspirant

Just looked around more and found the similar discussion and the solution of "MAC cloning" seems to have resolved the problem, atleast for now. Still could not understand why it happened and how this solution helps and could there be other websites out there that will still not work.........will leave it for now!!

Here is the solution or check the following thread

"in router setup...internet setup...select use PC MAC or enter WAN MAC of old router and select use this MAC reboot and try again"

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Router-randomly-blocking-websites/td-p/49985...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7