Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 - Can't Log into Router

JaedonNelson
Aspirant

R7000 - Can't Log into Router

I recieve this error when attempting to log into the Router Access Page "You may not be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again." This is regardless of being connected through WiFi or Ethernet. I have already flushed the browser cache multiple times, as well as following this Support page .

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JaedonNelson
Aspirant

Re: R7000 - Can't Log into Router

I figured out the solution to my problem, it turns out the AT&T modem/router was attempting to be the DNS whenever I tried to access the routerlogin.net page or using the IP address. I isolated the Nighthawk router completely and then I was able to connect to the login page and gain access to my router once more.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> R7000 [...]

Firmware version?  Connected to what?

> [...] "You may not be connected to your Router's WiFi network." [...]

Welcome to what may be the worst error message in the world.  For an
explanation, try:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1365830

Briefly, the idea is that "[www.]routerlogin.net" (or ".com") should
point to your own router, but that's true only if you use your own
router for DNS name resolution.  (Or, if the Netgear router can
intercept your DNS queries.)  Regardless, you should be able to get to
the thing using its IP address, if you can determine (or guess) that.
Normally, that would be something like "192.168.1.1" (for a plain
router) or "192.168.0.1" (for a modem+router), but it could be
different.  ("10.0.0.1" is a typical alternate, for example.)

Changes in some recent firmware versions can defeat even access by IP
address in some complex environments, but it should work in most cases.

> [...] following this Support page .

Which part(s) of it?  It does suggest access by IP address.

Message 2 of 4
JaedonNelson
Aspirant

Not sure of the firmware version, I know it's not the most recent update (Tried to use TFTP to force the update since I couldn't log into the router settings). I have the Nighthawk connected to my AT&T modem/router combo, and I have my desktop connected directly into the Nighthawk itself.

I was able to get the login prompt before I factory reset the Nighthawk, but at the time it wasn't allowing me to try and recover the password using the serial number either, hence why I decided to factory reset.

I did try both (routerlogin.net/.com) and using the IP address which is the alternative one, so it doesn't interfere with the AT&T modem.

Followed through most of the steps up until it's using the Netgear Genie since I can't access it, couldn't try those steps. Cleared the browser cache several times, tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox etc) power cycled the Router multiple times, nothing seemed to work.

Message 3 of 4
JaedonNelson
Aspirant

I figured out the solution to my problem, it turns out the AT&T modem/router was attempting to be the DNS whenever I tried to access the routerlogin.net page or using the IP address. I isolated the Nighthawk router completely and then I was able to connect to the login page and gain access to my router once more.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7