Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Not showing internet

JamieLyons
Follower

R7000 Not showing internet

I just received the R7000 to replace an older Nighthawk that no longer works properly. (have to reset each day)

I have a mobile Verizon M1000-39A4 that works fine and am able to connect all wifi capable in house close to it, I'm typing this while on it. It has its ethernet cable function turned on and was detectable with older nighthawk. This R7000 shows white lights on with Power, internet, 2.4 and 5.0 lights on. The two furthest lights to the right are also on. However; none of my wifi capable devices in the house are able to connect. It shows up on all of them Netgear78 and Netgear78-5G  but when I try to connect it shows internet might not be available. So the function is making it to the R7000 router but not seeming to go any further. Even when I use the password it doesnt connect. Have I missed a step?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 Not showing internet

The verizon M1000 has its own router built into it. If you're running the R7000 in router mode, you're in a double nat. You can try switching the R7000 over to AP mode so you only have 1 router on the network. Otherwise you'd need to place the M1000 in passthrough mode if you want to retain the routing features of the R7000. You'd need to contact verizon on how to do that. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@JamieLyons wrote:

I have a mobile Verizon M1000-39A4 that works fine and am able to connect all wifi capable in house close to it, I'm typing this while on it.

Sounds like you are running two mrouters side by side.

Two routers on your network can cause headaches. For example, you can end up with local address problems. Among other things, the other router can misdirect addresses that the Netgear router usually handles, such as routerlogin.net or the usual IP address for a router, 192.168.1.1.

This explains some of the other drawbacks.

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

The verizon M1000 has its own router built into it. If you're running the R7000 in router mode, you're in a double nat. You can try switching the R7000 over to AP mode so you only have 1 router on the network. Otherwise you'd need to place the M1000 in passthrough mode if you want to retain the routing features of the R7000. You'd need to contact verizon on how to do that. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7