Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 PPTP VPN not working

frankcooz
Aspirant

R7000 PPTP VPN not working

i have a windows VPN server (PPTP) behimd my Nighthawk R7000 router but the router is not allowing VPN passthrough?? Any ideas?

I have ports 1723 TCP/UDP and GRE 47 TCP/UDP forwarded to my VPN server IP. Am i missing something? There used to be a checkbox to enable VPN passthrough but i dont see it on the nighthawk R7000? Its not allowing me to VPN into my network. Please help. Again this is for Windows VPN not the Open VPN client (which i do not want to use)

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
frankcooz
Aspirant

Re: R7000 PPTP VPN not working

yes i forwarded manually and yes i selected vpn-pptp from the drop down. I was able to fix the problem though!!! I just removed the vpn-pptp service from the drop down and re-added pptp service again and now all is working fine.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
doraemon
Prodigy

Did you manually forward the ports?

Did you try selecting the option for VPN-PPTP under Service Name?

That can be found in the Port Forwarding page.

Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Message 2 of 6
frankcooz
Aspirant

yes i forwarded manually and yes i selected vpn-pptp from the drop down. I was able to fix the problem though!!! I just removed the vpn-pptp service from the drop down and re-added pptp service again and now all is working fine.

Message 3 of 6
doraemon
Prodigy

When you say re-added PPTP, you mean it's just Port Forwarding manually without the use of the VPN-PPTP service name?

Message 4 of 6
frankcooz
Aspirant

i just created my own service type. netgear calls it vpn-pptp on port 1723. i just created a new service port on port 1723 and just called it PPTP. same thing, i just recreated it. my works...theirs doesnt???? IDK. go figure

Message 5 of 6
doraemon
Prodigy

I thought both services were used. 
Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation