Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Qos Issue (the Qos rule and options are greyed out and i cannot use them)

JadKh
Aspirant

R7000 Qos Issue (the Qos rule and options are greyed out and i cannot use them)

I recently upgraded form a Dlink router to an R7000 mainly for Qos gaming. So when i opened the Qos settings and went to advanced mode, i couldnt set it by device, service, or LAN port. all the QOS rules are greyed out and i cannot select any.

My router is R7000 set as router mode and has a modem behind it. Here is a screenshot . Its on the lates firmware V1.0.9.88.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
labatt
Mentor

Re: R7000 Qos Issue (the Qos rule and options are greyed out and i cannot use them)

Firmware version V1.0.9.88 is loaded with issues, It is suggested that the only good version is to downgrade to .42. 

If you installed the .88 version after purchase you could try a reset and manual reconfigure as this latest firmware causes issues if loaded on top of older firmware. If you do a reset, besure to hold reset button in for 10 to 15 seconds or until the lights start flashing. Just a poke does not do a reset. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
labatt
Mentor

Re: R7000 Qos Issue (the Qos rule and options are greyed out and i cannot use them)

Firmware version V1.0.9.88 is loaded with issues, It is suggested that the only good version is to downgrade to .42. 

If you installed the .88 version after purchase you could try a reset and manual reconfigure as this latest firmware causes issues if loaded on top of older firmware. If you do a reset, besure to hold reset button in for 10 to 15 seconds or until the lights start flashing. Just a poke does not do a reset. 

Message 2 of 4
JadKh
Aspirant

Do you mean version 1.0.9.42? Also im scared to brick my router and render it useless, and how do I downgrade anyways as I am clueless. Also I had a really hard time setting my router up in my country (etisalat) its very complicated. If i re-enter the exact settings i used to connect to the internet ,(PPPoE user and pass, vlad ID) , it should work right?

Message 3 of 4
JadKh
Aspirant

I did as you stated and it worked as a charm, I downloaded the 1.0.9.42 firmware and Qos now is available. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7