Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 2.4 GHz is not working. (LED light not blinking)

KK_99
Aspirant

R7800 2.4 GHz is not working. (LED light not blinking)

Hi there, 

2.4 GHz seems not working. 

I remember I have seen 2.4GHz a while ago. My partner might have disable it before but I tried to turn it on http://www.routerlogin.net/start.htm. It is still not working. I have tried reset. I just can't see the 2.4 GHz light blinking. We got this router about 1 year ago. Does it mean the 2.4 GHz radio is broken.

Thanks in advance!

2.png1.jpeg

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
KK_99
Aspirant

Re: R7800 2.4 GHz is not working. (LED light not blinking)

Thanks for replying. Didn't expect anyone would reply so promtly. 

Actually find out that 2.4GHz was disabled for Chromecast related issue. Now I brought it back in ADVANCED settings on and the light is blinking again and working fine. 

I might worry about the Chromecast issue later.... eh... technologies should be compatiable! 

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 4.27.58 PM.png

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

Your subject says R7800 but the footer lists the R6700. Which is it?

What firmware version do you have?

Message 2 of 5
KK_99
Aspirant

Sorry. It's R6700.... I don't if I can edit my original question to avoid confusion....

I updated last night to V1.0.1.48_10.0.46. I just noticed it might be problem of firmware according to this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/2-4Ghz-stops-working-5Ghz-fine/td-p/1452075

I might try to roll my version later. 

Message 3 of 5

@KK_99 wrote:

Sorry. It's R6700.... I don't if I can edit my original question to avoid confusion....

I updated last night to V1.0.1.48_10.0.46.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

Message 4 of 5
KK_99
Aspirant

Thanks for replying. Didn't expect anyone would reply so promtly. 

Actually find out that 2.4GHz was disabled for Chromecast related issue. Now I brought it back in ADVANCED settings on and the light is blinking again and working fine. 

I might worry about the Chromecast issue later.... eh... technologies should be compatiable! 

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 4.27.58 PM.png

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7