Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 with unifi security gateway

Lokela
Follower

R8000 with unifi security gateway

I recently bought the Unifi Security Gateway to provide a more indepth firewall element to my network. I currently run a cm1000 modem and a R8000 Nighthawk. I was finally able to power cycle the Unifi into submission and my internet is working through the home ports, however, I have no wifi coming from the Nighthawk. 

I have it set up to go from Modem-to Unifi-to Nighthawk. The nighthawk is the pivot point to access the rest of the house and it's wired ports, and I am getting internet through it. Another odd portion is the Unifi Sec gateway is picking up the router, however, it's IP is now a 10.0.0.1.

To be honest I'm not sure what to do or how to get the wifi portion working on the nighthawk. I have not created any rules or firewall settings at all yet. I am open for suggestions.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

Re: R8000 with unifi security gateway

I have a Unifi gateway. If you put the r8000 in AP mode and connect it to the gateway things should work. Follow the manual for configuring the r8000 into AP mode. Also do any wifi configuration you need at that time. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Any routing/NAT/port forwarding, DHCP, ... must be done on the security gateway. Re-configure the R8000 as a wireless access point -> https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

Message 2 of 4
myersw
Master

I have a Unifi gateway. If you put the r8000 in AP mode and connect it to the gateway things should work. Follow the manual for configuring the r8000 into AP mode. 

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

I have a Unifi gateway. If you put the r8000 in AP mode and connect it to the gateway things should work. Follow the manual for configuring the r8000 into AP mode. Also do any wifi configuration you need at that time. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7