Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R9000 an AC wireless speed

Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

R9000 an AC wireless speed

Hello,

how much Mb/s do you achive by AC wireless connection on R9000?

I'm only reaching max 35 Mb/s (120/10 Mb/s from my ISP) on two different laptops in few locations in my home when I connet to AC by 5GHz also when I'm  located 2-3 meters from X10 R9000 router.

What is your results? Could you shere your results?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

Re: R9000 an AC wireless speed

I FOUND SOLUTION (OR RATHER HINT) FOR WIFI PERFORMANCE PROBLEM!!!

Normally I had max 30Mb/s download. I made backup for router settings on local computer. After that I made factory reset defaults. After router reboot I loaded backup from file. And now I have 99,9% nominal speed from my ISP!

And let someone say that Netgear router R900 is a premium/polished product! Unfortunately not. I decided to resign from R9000 and now I complain this router in shop I started procedure to return R9000 to shop and I want to give my money back! It's a waste of time and nerves

View solution in original post

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6

All Replies
microchip8
Master

which wifi chips are your laptops using? are they up to the task? Best you can get is about 70-75% of the supported speeds of the wifi in your laptops

Message 2 of 6
Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

Relatively new laptop with chipset Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2 x 2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 combo (non-vPro).

On gaming PC the same situation (better one WiFi card)  😞 I do not live in a bunker and R9000 commnicated as "pro gaming" has WiFi like my old D6200 Netgear in feeling....

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you updated the laptops wireless drivers?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

Absolutely! I'm using Driver Easy software and all drivers are still up to date!

Message 5 of 6
Ra-Dzik
Apprentice

I FOUND SOLUTION (OR RATHER HINT) FOR WIFI PERFORMANCE PROBLEM!!!

Normally I had max 30Mb/s download. I made backup for router settings on local computer. After that I made factory reset defaults. After router reboot I loaded backup from file. And now I have 99,9% nominal speed from my ISP!

And let someone say that Netgear router R900 is a premium/polished product! Unfortunately not. I decided to resign from R9000 and now I complain this router in shop I started procedure to return R9000 to shop and I want to give my money back! It's a waste of time and nerves

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7