Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Randomly loss of internet connection for some devices nighthawk 1750

Jivejive
Tutor

Randomly loss of internet connection for some devices nighthawk 1750

Woke up this morning and wife’s phone, my iPad, and both our laptops get “no internet connection” message in WiFi connection info for each device. My phone is fine.

This is second time in a month that there has been a surprise dropping of some devices with this router. Huge problem. Everything works fine fine fine, then suddenly it’s a mess.

I’m savvy and have rebooted, power cycled, factory reset, updated firmware, and more. Doesn’t matter if I plug in a computer with s hardline to the nighthawk, still won’t get internet except with devices that already had, seemingly randomly, been able to get internet. Last time it was my phone and a different iPad that stayed connected. This time only my phone.

The nighthawk is configured as an access point as this is only way it’ll connect through ISP-provided gateway boxes to get an actual internet connection going. I’ve turned AP on and off just to check also.

Please help. About to go buy a new router and give up on netgear permanently.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Jivejive
Tutor

Re: Randomly loss of internet connection for some devices nighthawk 1750

Hey there - I was able to fix the issue myself. Involved an unexpected intermittent change in how AP mode behaved that was making it seem as if it wasn’t the problem. Once I identified the intermittent issue, I was able to set a permanent MAC address for my router and turn of AP mode. No issues since.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Jivejive,

Do you stable connection when devices are connected to the main router?

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Jivejive,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
Jivejive
Tutor

Hey there - I was able to fix the issue myself. Involved an unexpected intermittent change in how AP mode behaved that was making it seem as if it wasn’t the problem. Once I identified the intermittent issue, I was able to set a permanent MAC address for my router and turn of AP mode. No issues since.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7