Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacing my current, ancient NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router with Orbi AC3000 RBK53 3 Pack

Rickorama
Follower

Replacing my current, ancient NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router with Orbi AC3000 RBK53 3 Pack

I'm in the process of replacing my current and ancient NETGEAR N600Wireless Dual Band Router with the RBK53 Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band Mesh WiFi system. My 2 questions are:

1) Do I have to disable or uninstall my current NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router BEFORE I install the Orbi AC3000 RBK53 Tri-Band Mesh system, or will the Orbi automatically do that for me, or just seamlessly override and replace it?

2) For my own reasons, I don't want to use an Orbi App on my smart phone to install the Orbi AC3000. Can I just manually install it using the router web interface? Is the router web interface easy to use?

Thank you!

Rick

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Replacing my current, ancient NETGEAR N600 Wireless Dual Band Router with Orbi AC3000 RBK53 3 Pa

1. not sure what gateway you're connecting the router to but you should just be able to shut your current system off, remove it, connect the orbi and go through its setup process. If you've got a modem, power it off and give it a couple minutes before installing the orbi. 

2. you don't have to use the app. You can use a web browser. Its what I mainly choose to use. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7