Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router not connecting to network

Teg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Router not connecting to network

1. Was running the R7000 with DSL until last week.  Very easy set-up and worked like a champ.

2. Replaced DSL with uverse.

3. Connected the gateway to the router with an ethernet cable.  Disabled wireless on the gateway.

4. Lights on R7000 indicate there is internet access.

5. Netgear genie network map recognizes the gateway and router.

And this point I figure it is idiot proof to set the router to AP mode and off I go but . . .when I log into www.routerlogin.com or net I get the message "You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

Pinging 162.168.1.1 with 32 bytes if data
4 times:
Reply from 162.168.1.64: Destination host unreachable

If the R7000 indicating light show there is internet access.  If the Netgear genie Network map identifies the router why can't I access it?   Should be a simple task to log on the router change the AP mode and, with the gateway wireless disabled, us the gateway as a simple modem supplying the router.  But the Netgear network map shows the gates way in the center with devices surrounding it.  I would think it would show the R7000 in the center with the gateway being between the router and internet.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Teg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Router not connecting to network

I realized today that I had hardwired it to the computer but also was accessing it via wireless.  There was a conflict.  As soon as I disconnected the hard wire everything fell into place.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Teg,

If you set the R7000 to AP mode, you have to access the UI using the IP address of the R7000 given by the main router. 

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Teg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realized today that I had hardwired it to the computer but also was accessing it via wireless.  There was a conflict.  As soon as I disconnected the hard wire everything fell into place.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi Teg,

Thank you for the update. Good to know you found the fix.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7