Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Dropping out every few minutes using the Nighthawk XR1000

MichellePike
Follower

VPN Dropping out every few minutes using the Nighthawk XR1000

Hi Netgear Community,

I have just purchased a nighthawk WIFI 6 Gaming router XR1000 and when connecting to the VPN (Microsoft windows VPN) , the VPN drops out every couple of minutes. I still have the internet just the VPN disconnects. Both my computers have the same issue with the drop outs and I have also connected an ethanet cable but the same drop outs are occurring.

Internet is still connected and I have very good speeds. I dont have this issue just using my Telstra Wifi dongle or any other router.

I have the latest firmware V1.0.0.58_1.0.44

I am super disappointed and I have not had much luck with Netgear support as they cant help with a " third party VPN" what ever that means.

Any ideas are welcome before I take this Router back to where I purchased it.

Message 1 of 2

Re: VPN Dropping out every few minutes using the Nighthawk XR1000

@MichellePike wrote:

I have just purchased a nighthawk WIFI 6 Gaming router XR1000 and when connecting to the VPN (Microsoft windows VPN)

A lot of questions are generic and apply to most routers, but things like VPN support are probably best throw at the section for your device.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Pro Gaming Routers - NETGEAR Communities

Gaming routers have their own DumaOS operating system that is nothing like the one on Netgear's standard routers.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7