Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why my NIGHTHAWK app does not have advanced settings?

guoxbo103
Aspirant

Why my NIGHTHAWK app does not have advanced settings?

My router's model is C3700v2.  This router works fine.  However, I cannot find advance setting in the NIGHTHAWK app. There are only four options displayed on the app's interface: Device Manager, WiFi Settings, Guest WiFi and Traffic Meter. I found everywhere in this app and still can not find advanced setting. I was wondering if this app canceled this function or there is no advanced settings option for this router? Thanks

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Why my NIGHTHAWK app does not have advanced settings?

You can log in through the browser for more settings

Message 2 of 6
guoxbo103
Aspirant

Thank you. But I was wondering if NETGEAR has canceled their browser login option for router ? Because in netgear router login website( https://www.netgear.com/home/services/routerlogincom/), you can see under the prompt words, it says that "Router login page cannot be displayed".

If you’d still like to use routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net, visit the

Router login page cannot be displayed.

I tried different browsers but still can not find ways to log in on browser.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

use its IP address. 

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The NH App is meant for mobile device access and only has limited features. Not meant to have same features as the modems web page. if it did the app install would be rather large in size. 

If you need full access to modems advanced features, use the modems web page as @plemans mentioned. 

Message 5 of 6

@guoxbo103 wrote:

My router's model is C3700v2.  This router works fine.

That is a cable modem-router. The features on offer through the apps depend on the firmware on your device. Neither Netgear nor you can do anything to change the firmware. ISPs don't allow it. So you are stuck with the limited set of controls that your firmware permits. When Netgear adds new ones, tough luck.

This is one reason why experienced users like to buy separate modems and routers. That gives them a massively better choice of router features.

For device specific questions, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7