× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Amber internet light stays on

Wayne1938
Tutor

Amber internet light stays on

My modem is a Motorola MB8600 and have had two Netgear routers working with it before without any problems

Trying to set this new router up I have ran into problems where the internet light stays amber no matter what sequence I try. I get no indication the router is even there. Before the smart wizard would popup or at least some other indication.

I have tried upluging power from the modem, power from the router then turn off the computer. Plug in the modem wait for it to reboot, plug in the router and give it time to reboot then turn on the computer. The internet light stays amber. Have tried different sequences, patch cords between the the modem and router, nothing helps. Plug my old R7000 router back in using the same cords and it comes right up doing the same thing that fails on the AX4.

My computer has Windows 10 version 1809, i5 intel processor, 16 gig of ram if that makes a difference.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Amber internet light stays on

Afraid, open yet another thread on an ongoing issue -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX40-refuses-to-detect-internet-c... does not help much.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

As these are brand new routers, we strongly suggest to create a formal support request via https://my.netgear.com/ -> My Account -> My Support -> [Contact Support]

Message 3 of 4
Wayne1938
Tutor

Mine turned out to be a buggy firmware. 

After 2 hours with Netgear tech support, I was sent to tier 2 and had the problem fixed in 15 minutes by installing the new firmware.

which is V1.0.2.46_1.0.1

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7