× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with RAX200

Sitchey
Aspirant

Issues with RAX200

Hi
I have a nightwak rax200. I'm having a few issues which are either my broadband or router.

My connection is constantly dropping in and out (both and LAN and wifi). I have a fibre 1g static IP broadband connection. My supplier says the line is fine, which they would. I've started a ping tracker to monitor drop packets.

But I also want to run tests on my router plus setup reserve IP addresses on my LAN to make sure it's not device related.

I've went to the advanced setup area and followed the instructions for setting up. But Ive got some issues

1. The connection via the default IP for the Nighthawk is painfully slow. Even when i connect directly to the routers LAN it's very slow to load the admin pages. This is making me thing it is router related. Is that slow speed normal?

2. When I do wait and the pages load, I can only seem to create 2 reserve addresses? Is that right? When I have 2 and add any more it just replaces the last one created. Ive not got it selected to ask for one to be replaced, so again feel there is something going on.

Has anyone had similar issues with their router? And can you only have 2 reserved addresses?
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
Kitsap
Master

Re: Issues with RAX200

@Sitchey wrote:
Hi
I have a nightwak rax200. I'm having a few issues which are either my broadband or router.

My connection is constantly dropping in and out (both and LAN and wifi). I have a fibre 1g static IP broadband connection. My supplier says the line is fine, which they would. I've started a ping tracker to monitor drop packets.

But I also want to run tests on my router plus setup reserve IP addresses on my LAN to make sure it's not device related.

I've went to the advanced setup area and followed the instructions for setting up. But Ive got some issues

1. The connection via the default IP for the Nighthawk is painfully slow. Even when i connect directly to the routers LAN it's very slow to load the admin pages. This is making me thing it is router related. Is that slow speed normal?

2. When I do wait and the pages load, I can only seem to create 2 reserve addresses? Is that right? When I have 2 and add any more it just replaces the last one created. Ive not got it selected to ask for one to be replaced, so again feel there is something going on.

Has anyone had similar issues with their router? And can you only have 2 reserved addresses?
Thanks

What device are you using to connect to your RAX200?  Brand and model number would be helpful.

How are you connecting to your RAX200?  Via Ethernet cable or over Wi-Fi.  If Wi-Fi, what band, 2.4 or 5 GHz?

Do you have any of the following features activated on your RAX200?  Dynamic QoS, traffic meter, Armor, smart connect, or access control?

Do you have IPv6 enabled?

Anything unusual with your DNS settings?  Using the default from your ISP?

Message 2 of 4
Sitchey
Aspirant

Hi

I'm connecting to it via lan direct to the router. No features other than default settings have been used. I did a factory reset and apart from my broadband details its all as was

Firmware Version
V1.0.10.140_1.0.79
Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@Sitchey wrote:
Hi

I'm connecting to it via lan direct to the router. No features other than default settings have been used. I did a factory reset and apart from my broadband details its all as was

Firmware Version
V1.0.10.140_1.0.79

Default settings can vary from model to model and from firmware version to firmware version.

Both Ethernet and Wi-Fi are part of your LAN.  Are you using an Ethernet cable to connect from your device to the RAX200?

Repeat questions: What device are you using to connect to your RAX200? Brand and model number would be helpful.

Do you have any of the following features activated on your RAX200? Dynamic QoS, traffic meter, Armor, smart connect, or access control?

Do you have IPv6 enabled?

You will have to log in to the user interface and look to find the answers to the last two.

What is the brand name and model number of the optical network terminal you are connecting your RAX200 to?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7