× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk router and satellites not syncing

KPG13
Guide

Nighthawk router and satellites not syncing

My MR60 router is running but my two MS62 routers will not sync.  All were working fine previously now the satellites have a constant amber LED.  I've tried syncing through the Nighthawk app on my Andriod phone but they still will not sync.  I've tried factory resetting the satellites and that hasn't helped either.  When I plug in the satellites, they will flash white and then go to solid amber.  If I use the sync buttons on the back of the router and the satellites, both router and satellites will blink white.  The satellites will then go to amber as the router continues to flash white and then a solid blue.  Any suggestions on how to get the satellites to connect?

Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk router and satellites not syncing

what firmware is on the router and which on the satellites?
did you try hardwiring in the satellites to the router and syncing them? 

Message 2 of 12
KPG13
Guide

I'm not sure how to access the firmware on the satellites.  I tried connecting to them directly with a computer but couldn't find the correct IP address to pull them up.  Firmware on the router is 1.0.6.116.  I have not tried connecting the satellites directly to the router.  I can give that a shot, just not sure what all to do once they are connected.

Message 3 of 12
KPG13
Guide

I was able to get one satellite to connect to the router with the ethernet cable, satellite LED turned blue.  But, once unplugged from the ethernet the satellite LED went back to amber.  On the Nighthawk app I am seeing two routers under "Youre Products", one is a local connection and the other is showing connected via Anywhere access.  Not sure if that is part of the problem or not.

Message 4 of 12
plemans
Guru

when you have the satellites plugged in, check the firmware version. the newest is .122

Nighthawk MK62 | WiFi 6 System | NETGEAR Support

Message 5 of 12
KPG13
Guide

Satellite is connected via router via ethernet cable, both LEDs are blue.  Satellite does not show up on the Nighthawk app but router does.  I have no way to verify what firmware the satellite is running.  I also cannot get the app to forget the satellite that once once connected.  How can I get the router/app to recognize the satellites?  They all worked fine before.  Only thing that I did was to unplug the router as a way to reset it.  Plugged it back in, router worked fine but satellites went to an amber LED, still stuck in that condition.

Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

@KPG13 wrote:

Satellite is connected via router via ethernet cable, both LEDs are blue. ---What led's? When its (the satellite) plugged into the router, can you log into the router and look at its attached devices list? If the satellite is listed with an IP address, try navigating to that ip address. From there you should be able to update/change the firmware on the satellite. 

Message 7 of 12
KPG13
Guide

The LEDs on the front of the router and the satellite.  Even when the satellite is connected to the router via ethernet, it does not show up on the app so I have no way of accessing the IP address.  I could connect the computer to the router via the cable currently plugged into the modem but I would lose internet access to the router.  Is that the only way to do it?

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

@KPG13 wrote:

The LEDs on the front of the router and the satellite.----thats a good sign. According to the manual: 

Solid blue:The router finished booting, is connected to the Internet, and is working normally. This
color stays on all the time if the router is working normally.

Even when the satellite is connected to the router via ethernet, it does not show up on the app so I have no way of accessing the IP address.---did you check in both the attached devices list and under the access control list? You can also try the default ip address of 192.168.1.250  I could connect the computer to the router via the cable currently plugged into the modem but I would lose internet access to the router.  Is that the only way to do it?

Message 9 of 12
KPG13
Guide

The blue LED is good but, again, if I disconnect the ethernet cable from the satellite to the router it goes back to amber.  

For the default IP address is that for the router or the satellite?  I've tried a direct connect to the satellite from the computer and various IP addresses but have not had any success in accessing the satellite.

The app on my phone does not show the satellite at all, no matter where I look on the app, even when the satellite is connected directly to the router.

Do I need to reset the router and start from scratch?  I tried resetting the satellites and have had no success.

Message 10 of 12
plemans
Guru

You can try resetting everything back to factory and starting over. 

Message 11 of 12
KPG13
Guide

OK, so I was able to get one satellite back on line by going through the webpage and not the app on my phone.  The second satellite will sinc while connected through ethernet and once unplug via wireless for a time.  Eventually, not that long, less than 30 minutes, wireless again, falls off.  Suggestions on how to get the second satellite back on-line?

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7