× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120

anurag_ccna
Aspirant

RAX120

I have RAX 120 with 500mbps internet bandwidth and a 2 TB USB connected to usb1. Its shared on network with everyone able to access it as a network drive by my samsung tv is acting weird with this. It sometimes recognize DLNA and sometimes disconnects in between when I am watching videos on my tv from that drive. What could be the problem? Is there any bug in the router or something?

DLNA recognition is intermittently breaking on my tv 😞 Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RAX120

It's a fw issue, Netgear is working on a fix.

Message 2 of 7
anurag_ccna
Aspirant

Thank you Catalin26 for replying. Is there any temporary workaround for this issue or if that bug is public facing? Wondering how we can track progress on that issue. Thanks
Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

There is no temporary workaround, all we can do is wait and hope that the next fw will have a fix for this problem.
I had no other choice, had to buy an android media player so I can watch my movies.

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

If you regularly watch movies off a plugged in USB device, i'd actually look at upgrading. 

Moving from a basic dlna server to a dedicated one makes a big difference. An old NUC will run plex/jelly fin fine and you'll be surprised at home much easier it is to use and stream from. 

I made the switch years ago and haven't looked back. 

Message 5 of 7
anurag_ccna
Aspirant

Thank you all for suggestions. i am wondering if @netgear is aware of this issue?

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact NG support about and open up a ticket:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
https://www.netgear.com/about/contact-us/

@ netgear hasn't been accessed since 2015. 😒 So I doubt anyone is looking here. Might contact a forum moderator though.

@DarrenM 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7