× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX43 intermittent after adding device

dabney82
Aspirant

RAX43 intermittent after adding device

Connection starts to lag/intermittent after adding devices to Wi-Fi. I have contacted Spectrum, Netgear, did a few resets and nothing. I eventually removed the phone and it went back to normal. I had company come in and their devices reconnected because they were here previously and it happened again. There are some devices that drop on and off but it effects the TV's the worst. At the most there are 22 devices constantly connected, but 36 on my list. I had a roommate at one point where we both worked from home and never had an issue. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4

Re: RAX43 intermittent after adding device

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 4
dabney82
Aspirant

App Version 2.21.1.2602, Firmware Version v1.012.120, Hardware Version RAX43. Spectrum Modem Model ET2251, ports in the back. Its the same setup and modem used when I had the roommate. Also there were no firmware updates 

Message 3 of 4

@dabney82 wrote:

Spectrum Modem Model ET2251, ports in the back.

A cursory search suggests that this is just a modem. No extra Ethernet ports on the back or wifi.

@dabney82 wrote:

Firmware Version v1.012.120

Probably meant to be Firmware Version 1.0.12.120, which is the latest.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7