× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAXE500 - Can I use VLAN tagging to isolate one physical port?

JohnInAtlanta
Follower

RAXE500 - Can I use VLAN tagging to isolate one physical port?

I am using an RAXE500 as the centerpiece of a home network.  Is it possible to configure this router (VLAN?) to isolate one of the physical Ethernet ports from the rest of the network but allow it to continue to connect out to the internet?

My wife has a home office and wants to connect an unmanaged switch to the (home) network.  I would like to give her a connection that is isolated from all WiFi traffic as well as traffic on the other wired Ethernet ports but still allow her access out through the Multi-Gig port to the cable modem.

Please/thank you for any input.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500 - Can I use VLAN tagging to isolate one physical port?

I believe VLAN tagging is for ISP services only from the WAN side. Router doesn't have any VLAN tagging support on the LAN side. Thats mostly seen on managed LAN Switches.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAXE500 - Can I use VLAN tagging to isolate one physical port?

I believe VLAN tagging is for ISP services only from the WAN side. Router doesn't have any VLAN tagging support on the LAN side. Thats mostly seen on managed LAN Switches.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7