× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to login to the web interface

keithw7462
Aspirant

Unable to login to the web interface

SAME ERROR MSG. BUT FOUND A WORK-AROUND to log onto router-

I AM able to log into RAX54 via any browser(Windows 11) if I unplug the INTERNET by unplugging my MODEM, a Motorola MB7420.

If I plug it in again, I can continue working on the router doing low security things, but if I do something that requires me to log in again, same issue with the Internet/Modem plugged in- SAME ERROR FROM NETGEAR SERVER.

Did the RESET of your router fix this problem? 

Does Netgear have an Open Case on this issue? Does this issue require an OS upgrade?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
keithw7462
Aspirant

Re: Unable to login to the web interface

LOGIN WORKAROUND- UNPLUG INTERNET/MODEM

I found I could stop the error & Login by cutting off the router from the Internet- i.e. from allowing the router to talk to Netgear servers which for some benign reason return that same error message and with the WRONG S/N of my & other's routers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 3
keithw7462
Aspirant

LOGIN WORKAROUND- UNPLUG INTERNET/MODEM

I found I could stop the error & Login by cutting off the router from the Internet- i.e. from allowing the router to talk to Netgear servers which for some benign reason return that same error message and with the WRONG S/N of my & other's routers.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7