× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless Access Point & Ethernet Hub At Same Time?

jwallace2121
Aspirant

Wireless Access Point & Ethernet Hub At Same Time?

I recently purchased and quickly set up a new AX2400 Nighthawk as a wireless access point successfully.  Able to connect devices wirelessly but unable to access the internet from devices connected to the ethernet ports (1-4).  In the admin console, I can see the hard-wired connections, but the respective devices cannot connect to the network via 'ethernet'  in settings.  I bet that I am missing something fundamental, any help is appreciated.

Hardware Version: RAX30

Firmware Version: V1.0.10.94_3

Operation Mode: Access Point

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jwallace2121
Aspirant

Re: Wireless Access Point & Ethernet Hub At Same Time?

Problems resolved!  Unfortunately, we are not sure how but the next morning our (1) PC was able to connect to the Nighthawk AP both wirelessly and via ethernet.  Guessing that our ISP router or some other setting took several hours to resolve.  For the (2) laptop, we identified that a recently purchased USB-c to ethernet adapter doesn't work with our setup, but swapping it with another enabled the laptop to connect wirelessly or via ethernet.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@jwallace2121 wrote:

I can see the hard-wired connections, but the respective devices cannot connect to the network via 'ethernet'  in settings. 

See the connections in what?

Connect via Ethernet settings in what?

In AP mode the router is "invisible" for most purposes. The router handles everything.

Did you find this?

What is the difference between router mode and AP mode? - NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
jwallace2121
Aspirant

Problems resolved!  Unfortunately, we are not sure how but the next morning our (1) PC was able to connect to the Nighthawk AP both wirelessly and via ethernet.  Guessing that our ISP router or some other setting took several hours to resolve.  For the (2) laptop, we identified that a recently purchased USB-c to ethernet adapter doesn't work with our setup, but swapping it with another enabled the laptop to connect wirelessly or via ethernet.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series