Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help w/ Configuring IPv6 on RBK852

p0se1d0nX
Star

Help w/ Configuring IPv6 on RBK852

Hello. Just purchased the Orbi RBK852 mesh system and it works great - except for getting IPv6 to work.

My ISP is Spectrum and I’m using CloudFlare. The Netgear IPv6 drop-down selection offers many options (see image). Initially I chose the “auto detect“ option and used the following protocols for CloudFlare:

2606:4700:4700:0000:0000:0000:0000:1111

2606:4700:4700:0000:0000:0000:0000:1001

I applied the settings and rebooted the router and ran some IPv6 tests, which confirmed I had enabled IPv6. However subsequent testing showed I was not connected via IPv6 and also my internet connection became slow/unresponsive - including dropping some connections.

For Spectrum internet using CloudFlare, should I select the “auto config” option (or choose something else) and do I need to do anything else in that page?

Lastly and most importantly, should I even enable IPv6 (recommended or not) with the Orbi AX system?
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Help w/ Configuring IPv6 on RBK852

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Your ISP will have IPv6 recommended configurations to use on routers. Some may use Auto, DHCP or something more specific. They should be able to direct you to which on to use. I was using DNS 6to4Tunnel since my ISP doesnt' support native IPv6. That work well for me. 

After making changes and saving them, Try a full reboot of the RBR and ISP modem. 

Message 2 of 5
p0se1d0nX
Star

I have the Arris S33 3.1 Docsis cable modem with Spectrum Ultra (450/22) internet service. 

I'm not sure which drop-down IPv6 selection to choose w/ Cloudflare DNS?

If anyone else also has Spectrum ISP, please let me know what works. Thanks

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Use the RBRs web page to see additional information for IPv6. 

Contact the ISP to see what they recommend using. 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you try auto-detect? 

It might just work with auto-detect. 

Then you can set your cloudfare address. 

You'll also want to change it on the standard "internet setup" page for the IPv4 to cloudfares DNS address. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7