Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect to the orbi app

Forborn
Follower

Cant connect to the orbi app

Hi, I am using my orbi in AP Mode as access points, When I open the orbi app it says 'Wifi not detected' and it acts as if I have never set up my orbi before. I am 100% connected to the right network but the app just doesnt detect it. Ive tried following the steps in the help article but to no avail. I read that AP mode can affect this? but I see no reason why the app shouldnt work. I can access the web settings via the IP address perfectly fine but its really annoying that I cant use the app. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Cant connect to the orbi app

@Forborn wrote:

I read that AP mode can affect this? but I see no reason why the app shouldnt work. I can access the web settings via the IP address perfectly fine but its really annoying that I cant use the app. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

I have Orbi in AP mode.

The Orbi app has no problem in finding and managing the Orbi router.

@Forborn wrote:

When I open the orbi app it says 'Wifi not detected' and it acts as if I have never set up my orbi before.

Is that the exact message that you see when you try to connect?

I ask because the latest version of the Android app is bust for some people. It just won't start.

You don't say if you are Android or iOS. In the past it has worked to uninstall and reinstall the app.

You could also see if Anywhere Access, using the Netgear cloud service, works.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cant connect to the orbi app

Be sure your device is connected to the Orbi AP signal. 

Uninstall the app and then re-install it. 

Try installing the app on a different mobile device. 

The app works in Router OR AP mode.

@Forborn wrote:

Hi, I am using my orbi in AP Mode as access points, When I open the orbi app it says 'Wifi not detected' and it acts as if I have never set up my orbi before. I am 100% connected to the right network but the app just doesnt detect it. Ive tried following the steps in the help article but to no avail. I read that AP mode can affect this? but I see no reason why the app shouldnt work. I can access the web settings via the IP address perfectly fine but its really annoying that I cant use the app. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7