Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extended Warranty on my Orbi Mesh System

StevieDo
Tutor

Extended Warranty on my Orbi Mesh System

The Orbi Mesh SYSTEM I bought included a 750 Router and one satellite. This is the RBK752 SYSTEM. Netgear is very quick to sell things like ARMOR, Parental controls and Extended Warranties. I bought the extended warranty on my SYSTEM. However, Netgear is telling me the hardware extended warranty I bought only covers my Router, not the Satellite that was part of the SYSTEM I bought. This is no way to treat customers. Can some one help me? I feel cheated.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
StevieDo
Tutor

Re: Extended Warranty on my Orbi Mesh System - DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE

To update this issue, I received a call from Netgear today to apologize to me and make clear that both my router and satellite are covered by the extended warranty. Thanks to everyone who helped!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I wasn't aware of that but I haven't purchased any of the extended warranties before. I wonder if thats correct as it does seem a bit sketchy. 

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

We've passed this onto NG support for review. The RBS should be covered. 

@StevieDo wrote:

The Orbi Mesh SYSTEM I bought included a 750 Router and one satellite. This is the RBK752 SYSTEM. Netgear is very quick to sell things like ARMOR, Parental controls and Extended Warranties. I bought the extended warranty on my SYSTEM. However, Netgear is telling me the hardware extended warranty I bought only covers my Router, not the Satellite that was part of the SYSTEM I bought. This is no way to treat customers. Can some one help me? I feel cheated.

Message 3 of 9
StevieDo
Tutor

Mine is still not fixed. I really like Netgear products and got a good deal on mine. I have to agree they do not care about customers. I bought a 2 year extended warranty on my mesh system, which is a router and one satellite. They are telling me, hardware support is only on the router, not the satellite. What a weasel move. I will remember this. You see, treating customers right, will actually make your company more money in the end.

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

So did you get this fixed? 

Is the RBS still not working or needs replacing? 

@KevinLiT 

Message 5 of 9
StevieDo
Tutor

Thanks for helping. The comment I made earlier about it not being fixed was about the Network map in the Orbi App (which is now fixed by a software update BTW). Sorry for the confusion. My RBS has always worked fine. The issue is I bought an extended warranty on the mesh system I bought, which is a router and a satellite. Netgear's site indicates they are only going to cover the router (not the satellite) IF something does break. Calls to tech support have not helped as they state that is their policy. You said you passed it on to Netgear, but I have not seen them willing to honor the whole system with the warranty. If it never breaks, I guess I will not have a problem...if that satellite breaks and they leave me hanging, I will be furious. If you make reliable products, why pull this on your customers?

Message 6 of 9
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @StevieDo ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

NETGEAR ProSupport Extended Warranty extends the Limited Hardware Warranty for a supported and new NETGEAR product for which you purchase the Extended Warranty. You must purchase Extended Warranty within 90 (ninety) days from the date of Your purchase of a supported and new NETGEAR product. While a supported and new NETGEAR product is under warranty, NETGEAR will repair or replace Your product with the same or functionally equivalent product free of charge. Extended Warranty only covers a supported and new NETGEAR product for which you purchase
Extended Warranty.

For more information in regards to NETGEAR ProSupport Extended Warranty please navigate to the links below:

NETGEAR ProSupport | NETGEAR Support

Best,

Kevin 

Community Team

Message 7 of 9
StevieDo
Tutor

Thanks Kevin. What you posted actually supports my claim that I purchased an extended warranty on a new Netgear product (the RBK752) within 90 days and therefore my RBK752, which is a router and satellite, should have hardware coverage. Why is Netgear trying to say they are only going to cover the router and not the satellite? It seems they are just trying to anger customers for no good reason.

Message 8 of 9
StevieDo
Tutor

To update this issue, I received a call from Netgear today to apologize to me and make clear that both my router and satellite are covered by the extended warranty. Thanks to everyone who helped!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7