Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Make Parental Controls GO AWAY

CrimpOn
Guru

Make Parental Controls GO AWAY

I have never activated any form of Parental Controls on my Orbi.

I also seldom use the Orbi "app".

When researching a question about the Orbi satellite "Connected Devices" display being incorrect, I opened the Orbi app (Android V2.8.6.1417) and found:

• The app displays correct information about devices attached to each satellite.
  • The app also thinks I have 117 devices attached to my Orbi rather than 35.
    There are multiple occurances of some devices.
  • The app thinks that I am half way through setting up Parental Controls and keeps encouraging me to finish.
    Any icon I press on the Parental Controls page says "that is a Premium feature.  Want to sign up for a 30 free trial?"

I do not want Parental Controls.  How to I "unactivate" Parental Controls?  The Orbi web interface has no menu entry for Parental Controls.

(Sorry if this question has been asked before. I did a search and came up empty.)

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Make Parental Controls GO AWAY

What version of FW are you using? if v2.7 or higher, PC is under Basic Tab now on the RBRs web page. If you enabled it there, there should be a slider button to disable it:

ParentalControlsv104.png

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the response.  I am indeed on 2.7.2.104. However, I declined to activate Parental Controls and thus my home page does not include that item. (see attached).

I have this suspicion that Android app v2.8.6.1417 is the problem. It has no was to "just say no". (pun)

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, you would think PC would not be seen on the app of the routers FW isn't enabled for it. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7