Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app not finding router or Circle

Khadan
Aspirant

Orbi app not finding router or Circle

I have had this Orbi for 3 years, and no major issues. In the last month the app can no longer connect to the router even though it can see it. Also, when trying to login to Circle, it knows it's in the router but then cannot find it to login. I can login to the router via the webpage with no issues. Really need some advice on how to fix this. I have rebooted the router, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Validated router and app are in newest software version.
CBR40: V2.5.0.14
RBS20: V2.5.1.16

Any help would be great.
Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Orbi app not finding router or Circle

Hello Khadan,

May you provide the current Orbi app version you have installed. Please also specify if it's iOS or Android. Also, have you had a moment to perform a factory reset and run through the setup assistant again. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Khadan
Aspirant

Attached a screenshot of the app loading which gives the version of it, I am on Android. I have not tried a reset of the router yet.
Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Khadan wrote:
 In the last month the app can no longer connect to the router even though it can see it.

I find the Orbi app credentials really confusing:

• The app itself uses the Netgear credentials: for most of us, this is an email address and password.
    These credentials are never used to log into the web interface on the router.
  • Since my phone has a fingerprint reader, I can also use biometric identification to log in. (wow)
  • Those web credentials, consisting of user name "admin" (which cannot be changed) and the actual router password.

I run the Orbi app on at least four (five?) devices. Every once in a while, one of them will refuse to log in and will present me with a variety of user names, including "admin". I can't remember which worked: (a) use "admin" and the actual Orbi password, or (b) enter my Netgear email and password (which was not one of the choices shown to me). I think it was probably the Netgear.

I realize that fewer and fewer customers have computers with web browsers and I don't think any laptops come with ethernet ports these days.  While the "app" is slick, to me it adds almost no value. Everything I want to do can be done only from the web interface.

Message 4 of 5
Khadan
Aspirant

So further trouble shooting.  I unistalled the app and then after reinstall, set it up like it was new.  App found the router and I was able to get logged in and everything was working great including Circle.  I did a close all apps on my android phone and now the app is back to having the same issue, not finding the router even though it is connected to wifi.  Circle is still working though.  I am at a loss, do I need to reset my router to factory and start over? The issues for me started after the latest update to the app I believe because the screen shot I provided shows a screen that I never used to get.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7