Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbis in different locations, different networks

Beanbeany
Aspirant

Orbis in different locations, different networks

I have 3 different homes, 3 Orbi routers, so 3 different networks.
Can I use the Orbi app to control/see all 3 different networks with one log in?

Every time I try to log in the Orbi app, it defaults to “admin” user and asks for PW. Which is incorrect every time I try it.

The log in has only worked successfully a few times in each location. Help!
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbis in different locations, different networks

Should be able to. 
I have my home orbi and I setup one at my parents that I manage through the app using anywhere access. 

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe it maybe possible IF all different location systems were associated and setup under your NG profile account  and Orbi app uses to log into first, these would appear in the list of My Products on the Orbi app under the upper left menu in the app. 

Message 3 of 8
Beanbeany
Aspirant

“Anywhere access”?  Is this a thing that should be enabled?  Its just frustrating that sometimes it automatically logs me in, but most times it defaults to ADMIN user, which I cant change.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes AA would need to be enabled for all systems...however all systems would need to be associated and tied to your one NG profiled email account. Then they should all appear under the My Products list. You would have to take a snap shot of the RBRs serial number to tell what system your connecting to in the Product list. Orbi app doesn't offer a way to edit the name each system here. 

Message 5 of 8
Beanbeany
Aspirant

Ah, ok, I feel like I need start all over again. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 7 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@Beanbeany wrote:
Every time I try to log in the Orbi app, it defaults to “admin” user and asks for PW. Which is incorrect every time I try it.

The Orbi app user interface can be frustrating.  I, also, have had the app 'helpfully' fill in "admin" for user name, which I have to erase and enter my Netgear web login.

Anywhere Access is the method used to manage the router from "anywhere" (hence the name).  Anywhere Access can be enabled only when the Orbi app is connected to the router LAN.  Each device running the Orbi app has to enable Anywhere Access separately.  (For example, if you use a phone and a tablet to run the Orbi app, then both of them have to be connected to the LAN and Anywhere Access enabled.)  Also, any specific router can be associated with only one Netgear login.

Another method of controlling Orbi systems remotely is to set up OpenVPN on each.  This will enable you to use a web browser to connect securely to the actual Orbi web interface from remote locations.  OpenVPN works with Apple, Android, Linux, Mac, and Windows.  Of course, the Orbi web interface is a frustrating experience on a tiny phone screen.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7