Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Anywhere Access NOT WORKING AFTER Latest Firmware Update 12-18-22

Drew212
Guide

RBR850 Anywhere Access NOT WORKING AFTER Latest Firmware Update 12-18-22

Cannot get Anywhere Access to work on my rbr 850 router and subsequent two other RBS 850 satellites. This is a direct result of not being able to use anywhere access right after the firmware update at the end of 2022. We're now in to the second week of 2023 and it is still not working although the internet is working but the Anywhere Access is not and everyone else is having this problem also please help!! ; )
Message 1 of 7
Drew212
Guide

Re: RBR850 Anywhere Access NOT WORKING AFTER Latest Firmware Update 12-18-22

You knew where access seems anywhere access seems to be still signed in with the satellites( RBS 850 two of them) but everything is controlled with the router(RBR850)
Every time I sign in it tells me I have the wrong password or something ridiculous like that. Can someone guide me through this I'm no super experienced user I do understand computers but the new Mesh Orbi 6e is having ISSUES WITH ANYWHERE ACCESS with Android phone...Apple ios is having
the Same issues...So it's Not the Phones it ALL POINTS TO a PROBLEM right After Last Firmware Update. There are quite a few number of experienced users having this very same issue. If anybody comes up with an answer I've tried everything I know to do can you please helping any way you can I certainly would appreciate it. Thanks All 😉
Message 2 of 7

@Drew212 wrote:
So it's Not the Phones it ALL POINTS TO a PROBLEM right After Last Firmware Update.

You can test your theory by rolling back to the previous firmware.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Apps and firmware are intimately linked together.

In this case, the apps seems to be getting things hopelessly wrong on Anywhere Access, and the problems alternate between iOS and Android. One gets fixed but the other one breaks.

Until they fix it, stick with the tried and trusted way of working on your network, the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Message 3 of 7
Greene10
Apprentice

In my case it was not a firmware or app update. I updated the firmware (960 series) in late November or early  December but it was late December that it just started working.

Message 4 of 7

This is just a guess, but another bit of the equation is the MyNetgear cloud link that is the go between that connects the Nighthawk app to our routers.

Any problems there could break the link.

Message 5 of 7
Greene10
Apprentice

It just shouldn’t take that long to fix problems like this. All my other cloud based apps don’t have this problem.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/How-to-report-a-bug-on-the-Orbi-App/td-p/2140980/jump-to/f...

@Drew212 wrote:
You knew where access seems anywhere access seems to be still signed in with the satellites( RBS 850 two of them) but everything is controlled with the router(RBR850)
Every time I sign in it tells me I have the wrong password or something ridiculous like that. Can someone guide me through this I'm no super experienced user I do understand computers but the new Mesh Orbi 6e is having ISSUES WITH ANYWHERE ACCESS with Android phone...Apple ios is having
the Same issues...So it's Not the Phones it ALL POINTS TO a PROBLEM right After Last Firmware Update. There are quite a few number of experienced users having this very same issue. If anybody comes up with an answer I've tried everything I know to do can you please helping any way you can I certainly would appreciate it. Thanks All 😉

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7