Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Satellites no longer showing on Network Map within iOS Orbi app

DeanB1452
Apprentice

Satellites no longer showing on Network Map within iOS Orbi app

I just updated RBR50 and 2 RBS50's to FW 2.7.2.102 from 2.7.1.60.  I have an additional RBS20 on FW 2.6.1.38.  One RBS50 and RBS20 are on ethernet backhaul.  One RBS50 is wireless backhaul. 

Within the iOS app (version 2.7.4.1) I can see all my attached devices, but the Satellites are not visible on the app.  GUI shows the satellites are connected with good connections. 

If I look at a device within device manager on the app, if it is connected to the router it shows up as "Connected to RBR50 2.4GHz (or 5GHz) Wifi."  If I look at a device that is attached to one of the satellites it shows all the other information except for which device that it is connected to. 

I have rebooted and power cycled all the units and uninstalled and reinstalled the app onto my iPhone.  Did not do a factory reset as I have many IP reservations stored on the router.  Any other suggestions or should I wait it out until an app update fixes this issue?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DeanB1452
Apprentice

Re: Satellites no longer showing on Network Map within iOS Orbi app

Ultimately did a factory reset on the router and the satellites are now showing up in app.  I saved a copy of current settings before I did a factory reset, but was unable to restore from backup so back to the drawing board to reserve IP addresses.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DeanB1452
Apprentice

Ultimately did a factory reset on the router and the satellites are now showing up in app.  I saved a copy of current settings before I did a factory reset, but was unable to restore from backup so back to the drawing board to reserve IP addresses.

Message 2 of 5
Steven_Farkas
Initiate

Factory reset didn't work for me and I didn't try rolling back the firmware (as I had just updated) but as my satellites are online and working, I'll just live with them not showing on the network map. Annoying though and hope it fixed in a future app update.

Message 3 of 5
Candicetornquis
Aspirant

I am having the same issue and I’ve done everything
Message 4 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements