Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App.

jaydigga
Tutor

To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App.

Updated to latest firmware and now this is the message I get when trying to enter Access Control. I want to block all new devices from joining my network automatically. Is this no longer possible???

Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 16

Re: To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App.

@jaydigga wrote:

I want to block all new devices from joining my network automatically. Is this no longer possible???

Tried doing this with the browser interface?

Wired is easiest, but you can use the browser on a mobile device to access rhe browser graphical user interface.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Use a web browser to access the router.

Message 2 of 16
jaydigga
Tutor

That’s what I am using and now I just get the message “To use access control please use the orbi app”
Message 3 of 16

Where does that screenshot come from? It does not look like any browser that I am familiar with.

Do you have an alternative that you can try?

I get this in Edge:

OrbiAccessControl.jpg

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 16
jaydigga
Tutor

Chrome and safari. Are there other alternatives anyone is familiar with?
Message 5 of 16

Firefox and Edge are two that I use most of the time.

Are you on a Mac?

Message 6 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

@jaydigga wrote:

Updated to latest firmware and now this is the message I get when trying to enter Access Control. I want to block all new devices from joining my network automatically. Is this no longer possible???

As this question was posted in the community forum for the Orbi 'app', the answer is, "not with the Orbi app, no."

The Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net), the Advanced Tab, Security Menu, has a section for Access Control which offers the option you seek. (see attached image)  This image is of my Orbi running firmware V2.7.3.22 (the latest).

To my knowledge, the app has never had a mechanism to do this (or a lot of other useful things).

Message 7 of 16
NumbGnat
Aspirant

Here is a screenshot from Chrome, on a Google Pixel 4a, set to "Desktop Mode". I get the same error
Message 8 of 16

Does it make any difference if you sneak up on it with the IP address rather than orbilogin.net?

I still don't recognise that screenshot as being a wired in browser. All those icons at the top, especially the battery, look more like the screen I see in an app. But I am no Safari user.

Here's another puzzle. Your latest screenshot shows Firmware Version V4.6.3.9 but your first message said it is an RBR50. Those two things don't add up. The current firmware for that hardware is V2.7.3.22.

What am I missing?

Message 9 of 16
jaydigga
Tutor

I was the original poster. The last post is someone different but seems to be experiencing the same issue as others are I have found elsewhere. Not sure what the deal is but seemed to have happened when I activated the new parental controls and went away from circle

Message 10 of 16

My mistake. I should have warned @NumbGnat to start their own question. "Hijacking" is against the rules!

Message 11 of 16
Bruce-C
Initiate

9/24/2021:  I have the exact same problem posted by the original poster.

I activated / paid subscription to Parental Control and next thing that happened I am receiving messages "To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App."

I am no longer able to Unblock any of my devices that I previously Blocked and I can't have any new WIFI devices joining my WIFI Orbi as I configured "block all new devices connecting."

Netgear this is pretty serious technical problem, please escalate this problem to your help desk as a priority to fix.  My version information listed below.

Hardware:  RBR750 

Firmware Version: V4.6.3.16_2.0.51

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 12 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

@Bruce-C wrote:

Netgear this is pretty serious technical problem, please escalate this problem to your help desk as a priority to fix.  My version information listed below.

I agree that this is a serious problem.  Unfortunately, the community forum is where customers discuss Netgear products & services.  I have never seen a post by anyone claiming to be a Netgear engineer or help desk person.  There are some forum members who are moderators, and have the ability to contact Netgear departments. (capital 'N" after their screen name where the rest of us have goofy symbols).

In contrast to products, which come with 90 days of 'complimentary service', there is a possibility that subscriptions offer support in a different way.  MIght be worth checking out the options on this page:

https://kb.netgear.com/000063635/How-do-I-get-help-with-my-NETGEAR-subscription-service?language=en_... 

If that doesn't work, I would try to tug on the heartstrings of a forum moderator.  (yelling, threatening, or being condescending are less likely to be effective).

Message 13 of 16
KmanHaigMik
Aspirant

Agree! immensely annoying and a major bug! Get this solved ASAP. You pay a lot for your router at the very least you should be able to control it.. 

When coping the linkt to "Access Control" https://192.168.0.1/DEV_control.htm it briefly shows the access contron page, before redirecting to the annoying "To use Access Control, please use the Orbi App." Which also doesnt work!

Using the Orbi App and clicking Security im forwared to store.bitdefender.com...

I dont want to buy their crap either.. you pay €300 for NetGear just to be force to pay 150€ a year for "extra" security...

Message 14 of 16

@KmanHaigMik wrote:

Agree! immensely annoying and a major bug! Get this solved ASAP. You pay a lot for your router at the very least you should be able to control it.. 

This discussion is near on six months old. (Things may have moved on since then.) It might help to refresh memories with some details of your devices. 

For a start, which device are you using? The same RBR50 as @jaydigga?

Using the Orbi App and clicking Security im forwared to store.bitdefender.com...

No Device Manager?

What are you trying to do?

Message 15 of 16
BenjaminNYC
Apprentice

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7