Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro generating 10.0.0.## IP addresses for all devices

Matthewd78
Aspirant

Orbi Pro generating 10.0.0.## IP addresses for all devices

Hi, I am hoping someone can help with my IP issue.  Due to the number of devices on our home network and our preference to have designated wireless networks for kids and visitors, we chose to go with an Orbi Pro with 1 satellite.

I am attempting to configure an IoT device that will run on my network 24/7 and in order to do so I need to enter the IP address into my browser to reach the device's configurations page.  However, the 10.0.0.## IP address that is generated is returning the error "This site cannot be reached".  I have noticed that every device that runs on my network has a 10.0.0.## IP address instead of the 192.168.#.# that is typical.  Is there anything I can do to allow the typical 192.168.#.# IP addresses to be generated so I can configure the IoT device?  According to the device manufacturer I should be able to enter the IP address into by browser to reach the configuration page.

• Orbi Pro w/ 1 Satellite
  • Hardware Version   SRR60 
  • Firmware Version   V2.6.2.200 
  • GUI Language Version   V1.0.0.409 
  • Operation Mode   Router 
  • DHCP Server   On
Message 1 of 2
JohnD333
Apprentice

Re: Orbi Pro generating 10.0.0.## IP addresses for all devices

Matthew,

How are you managing your router? Insight web portal via browser, insight app. Orvia browser 10.0.0.1?

Not certain you can change 10 to 192 on the App once set up, but you can on web portal and the 10.0.0.1 method. Both are under advanced setup/LAN setup. If you change the 10 to 192, and save, router, all the satellites will reboot and you will need to toggle the WiFi on and off or shutdown or unplug all devices to get new ip addresses. HOWEVER, if you do not know what you are doing, leave the 10 alone, and simply use the app, web portal or 10.0.0.1 process/Connected devices to find the ip of the assigned device you want to talk to. Then on browser enter that up address and probably the next screen will ask for ID and password for that device.

If you do know what you are doing and really want to change the LAN/TCIP from 10.0.0.1 to 198.168.0.1 make sure you ALSO change the router starting address from (probably) 10.0.0.2 to 192.168.0.2

Now the other basic question is whether you are running Lan separation for the IoT devices. I have the SXR80 and says so I may be different. On that setup, normal devices/traffic is on the 192.168.0.1...., and IoT devices/traffic
are on 192.168.30.1 with start range for devices at 192.168.30.2.

While you can “see” what is connected to what on the web portal, app, and 10.0.0.1 browser page /attached devices, For your pc/device to see/connect to/configure something connected to the ...30 LAN, your pc/device must be connected to that .... 30 WiFi signal. Except for those control/setup pages/app, if your pc/device is on ....1 you won’t be able to see .... devices connected to ...30. Again, this is on the proWifi6SXR80 system and may not be applicable for how you are managing IoT’s.

The above should get you running. Hopefully someone with your setup will get you further down the road.

John

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements