Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Outdoor extenders for Orbi Pro

fanofai
Guide

Outdoor extenders for Orbi Pro

Hi,

Just would like to clarify, my question is about the Orbi Pro WiFi 6 - AX6000 Tri-band WiFi System (link to datasheet). 

Orbi Pro page says the wifi-6 satellite is good for Indoor & Outdoor usage, but the datasheet says nothing about outdoor compability.

1.  Has anyone used these units outdoors?
  2. If these units are not intended for outdoor usage, it seems the RBS50Yv2 will work though it doesn't support Orbi mode (link). Not sure whether that is a limitation. Any comments?

More context available in this Original thread if anyone is interested: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Seeking-feedback-on-Mesh-network-design/m-p/2086231/emcs_t/S2h...

Thanks,

Sharath

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@fanofai,

My apologies. But we still don't have any news or updates for upcoming products. I don't want to say there is if there really isn't. I'm really not sure regarding that one. We are hoping that in the future we could have an outdoor satellite for WiFi 6.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@fanofai,

Just to clear everything up. RBS50Y and v2 are not compatible with Orbi Pro WiFi 6. For now, we still don't have an access point available for outdoor for WiFi 6. 

From its user manual(page 6): "Note: The Orbi Outdoor Satellite is not compatible with Orbi WiFi 6 models".

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
fanofai
Guide

Thanks John..Does anybody know whether an outdoor access point for the WiFi 6 is in the works? I would hate to invest in the existing Orbi only to find Netgear release the WiFi 6 extender in a few months!

-Sharath

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@fanofai,

My apologies. But we still don't have any news or updates for upcoming products. I don't want to say there is if there really isn't. I'm really not sure regarding that one. We are hoping that in the future we could have an outdoor satellite for WiFi 6.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements