Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80: Change transmit power on just router (not satellites) possible?

Architekt
Apprentice

SXR80: Change transmit power on just router (not satellites) possible?

I know I can easily change the transmit power control for my SXR80 router as well as my 3 attached SXS80 satellites all at the same time via Advanced->Advanced Setup->Wireless Settings. But is it possible to change the transmit power control for JUST the router? The reason being my router is in my garage where the internet line comes in from Verizon, and I don't have anything around it that needs to connect to it. I'd like to avoid devices accidentally connecting to it if I roam too close. The satellites are on each floor and I'd rather that devices connect to one of those (no walls, clearer line of sight, better placement, less interference, etc).

I'm guessing that if this is even possible it has to be done by logging in via ssh/telnet to the router itself which I'm comfortable with. I know you can hit the /debug.htm page to enable telnet. Anyway, is it possible to JUST change the router's transmit power control and leave the satellite TPC alone at the setting I currently have it at? If so, can someone either link me to some instructions or explain how to do so? Much appreciated. I have experience with Linux so I'm not worried about any technical jargon.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SXR80: Change transmit power on just router (not satellites) possible?

Transmit power adjusts the entire system. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements